Paolo Gambi is a multi-awarded post-contemporary multimedia artist, poet, and performer. His mission is to bring ‘poetry everywhere’ as his motto states.
He is one of Italy’s leading experts on ecphrastic poetry. A pioneer of bodypainting poetry, he writes poems in the matter, with mosaic and stages them. He is one of the first in the world to have minted NFT poems. One of his NFT works was selected and published by a Stanford University project. He was one of the first Europeans to deal with poetry and artificial intelligence
He founded Rinascimento poetico (Poetry Renaissance), one of the leading poetry networks in Italy, present in several countries. The aim of Rinascimento poetico is to give anyone the opportunity to express themselves through poetry, overcoming barriers of ethnicity, gender, social background, religion, political conviction.
Over the years, he has initiated thousands of people into the practice of poetry as a means of personal growth and civic engagement.
He founded and directs two poetry prizes, the most important Italian ecphrastic poetry prize in Venice and Dante’s Laurel at the Supreme Poet’s tomb.
He has published some thirty books, many of them with the Mondadori Group. Some have been translated into five languages. His art revolves around the word in its relationship with mystery, the psyche and technology.
He has received numerous awards, including the José Rizal Heritage Award 2023, Dante’s Laurel in 2022, the Guidarello Prize in 2012, the Rimini-Europa Prize in 2016, the San Domenichino in 2018 and the Loris Malaguzzi for poetry in 2019. He was a long-time contributing editor of the Catholic Herald in London and was testimonial of Italian Culture Month in the Principality of Monaco. Awarded by the Perspektif Kültür association in Turkey, he is a ‘cultural ambassador’ along the Silk Road, an Academician of the Incamminati and the Studium Accademia di Casale e del Monferrato.
The Los Angeles Press, RAI, Corriere della Sera, La Repubblica, La Stampa, La Verità, Affaritaliani, Artribune, as well as sector realities such as Poesia del Nostro Tempo, RAI poesia, Rivista Clandestino, NFThours (in English), NFT poetry gallery, Vuela Palabra (in Spanish), Voce (Argentina), Espoarte have spoken about his artistic research.
To check what Italian media say about me read here
Summary of Professional skills and/or expertise
Field of expertise: poetry, art, writing, journalism (both written and tv), blogging, teaching, communication, public speaking, mental coaching, emotional coaching, motivation, networking, psychology, Law and Religion.
- 2022-2023 – student enrolled in the two-year Master in mosaic at the Academy of Fine Arts in Ravenna
- 2013 – Bachelor of Psychology, University of Bologna-Cesena
- 2011 – Post graduate Master in Neuro-Semantics with Prof. Michael L.Hall, Ph.D., International Institute of Neuro-Semantics
- 2007 – Post-graduate course in journalism, Pontifical Lateran University, Rome
- 2004 – Fellowship at the Acton Institute, Michigan, USA
- 2003-2006 – Ph.D. in Canon Law and Law and Religion in comparative perspective, University of Macerata
- 1999- 2003 – Degree in Law, University of Bologna. Mark: 110\110 cum laude
- 2023 – “Bellezza”, “Uno sguardo postcontemporaneo”, “Anarchia”, “Monarchia”, “Ghibellino”, superimposed poems, exhibited at AI for Impact Night in DolderGrand, Zurich 11-11-23
- 2023 – L’oro di Fibonacci, multimedia poem exhibited at the National Museum of Ravenna on the occasion of the Biennale di Mosaico
- 2023 – Sacra Follia, multimedia poem performed at the Milan Triennale, donated to the City of Milan
- 2014- March 2023 – curator of the “after the premiere” at the Masini theatre in Faenza and Goldoni theatre in Bagnacavallo
- 2023 – Video poem dedicated to Giovanni Capodistria screened during the José Rizal Heritage Award ceremony in Wil, Switzerland
- 2023 – Multimedia poem donated to the municipality of Montalto delle Marche
- 2023 – Multimedia poem donated to the municipality of Brisighella
- 2023 – Multimedia poetry donated to the Municipality of Ancona
- 2023 – Calligram published as cover of “The Los Angeles Press” magazine, Los Angeles
- 2022-2023 – Poetry performances at Libreria Bocca, Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, Milan
- 2022 to present – Bodypainting poetry performed in many different locations
- 2022 – Co-founder and jury member of the “ma non voglio veder morire la tua bellezza” poetry ecfrastic prize, in collaboration with the Bevilacqua La Masa Foundation, Venice
- 2022 – “Fibonacci”, an NFT artwork selected for a project at Stanford University, California
- 2022 – Member of the jury of poetry competition “L’alloro di Dante” (Dante’s laurel), Ravenna
- 2022 – Poetry show “Babel” staged in Alassio, Italy
- 2022 – Bodypainting poetry performed as a main event at Alassio Culture Festival
- 2022 – A poem written on the Alassio wall (in Italian region “Liguria”) near by Hemingway’s signature
- 2022 – A work of art “Poetry of light” exhibited during the Milano Design Week at Castello Sforzesco
- 2022 – Artistic consultant for Luce5 corporation, Montevarchi, Tuscany
- 2022 – Bodypainting poetry performed as a main event at Rome Fashion Week
- 2021 – The NFT poem “Fibonacci” featured by Stanford project “Life in Quarantine”.
- 2021 – Poetry show “Babel” staged in Carpi, Italy
- 2021-2022 – Bodypainting poetry performed in many Italian naturist beaches
- 2021-2022 – Many NFT poetry artworks mint and sold
- 2021 – artistic-poetic installations in the Romagna Riviera
- 2020 – realization of the work ‘Il colombo del Doge’ for the Carnival of Venice
- 2019-2020 – collaboration with the contemporary art gallery ‘Marignana arte’, Venice
- 2023 – Member of the Academic Council of the Fine Arts Academy of Ravenna
- 2022 – Online and offline poetry workshops
- 2017 – 2018 – Writing lecturer of “Law and ethics of art and communication” at MCAST, Malta
- 2016-2022 – Lecturing about writing and creative writing for Udemy
- 2012-2014 – Invited Professor of Communication (Theories and Ethics of Communication) at the Superior Institute for Religious Studies, Forlì, Italy
- 2013 Invited Professor of Religious Communication at Professor Maurizio Viroli’s chair, Università della Svizzera Italiana, Lugano, Switzerland
- 2003 – Teaching assistant of Canon Law, University of Bologna.
Summary of relevant journalistic experience
- 2018 to present – contributor and blogger at Il Giornale, Italy
- 2005-2020 – Contributing editor of The Catholic Herald, London
- 2012-2019 – Blogger of Huffingtonpost
- 2019 – Contributor of italiani.it
- 2009 to present – Contributor of many magazines: Stop and Vero (Italian gossip magazines), BMM (Italian fashion magazine), Chocolate and Rendezvous (Khazakhistan fashion magazines).
- 2016 – Editor of regional magazine “Sonoromagnolo”
- 2005 – 2014 Author and host of TV programs in Emilia-Romagna regional TV Tele1
- 2004-2013 – Employed as a journalist and columnist in a full time job at “La Voce di Romagna”, Ravenna.
- 2004 – Work experience at the Financial Times, London
- 2004 to present – Frequent appearances in Italian tv
- 2003 – Contributor of the newspaper “Il Giornale”, Roma.
- 2003 – Contributor of the newspaper “Il Resto del Carlino”, Ravenna and Bologna.
- 2001-2004 – Editor of the Italian regional weekly paper “La Romagna”.
- 1997- 2003 – Contributor of Ravenna provincial magazine “La Piazza”.
More than 30 books published by major publishers and more than 100.000 copies sold. Some books have been translated into English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, one into Chinese. Complete list here: www.paologambi.com/libri
- 2022 “Romano Volta, founder of Datalogic” biography of the founder of Datalogic, world leader in barcode scanners.
- 2022 Il Cantico delle creature (The Song of Creatures: Surrender to peace with mysteries, secrets and alchemy of the poetry of Saint Francis of Assisi that no one has ever told you)
- 2020 La fabbricante di scuse (The excuses maker)
- 2020 Il principe di Capraia (The Prince of Capraia)
- 2019 Poesie. L’enigma del paguro. La memoria della magnolia. L’approdo del salmone (Poems. The riddle of the hermit crab. The memory of the magnolia. The landing place of the salmon)
- 2019 “Gusto selvaggio” (“Wild taste”. A book of recipes of roe deer written with Michelin starred chef Igles Corelli)
- 2019 “Dei boni!” (“Good gods!”. A funny novel about Greek mythology in present times for young adults)
- 2018 “La carezza del cavaliere” (“A knight’s caress”, romance about the impossible love of the knights of Malta in present time and during the crusades)
- 2017 “Mammona” (with Ettore Gotti Tedeschi, a funny book to teach how to become rich)
- 2017 “La spina nel cranio” (psychological thriller about coaching and NLP, defined by media “The Italian version of Limitless”)
- 2017 “Giacomo Casanova: manuale per non finire tra le braccia di un come me” (a self help book for women to find the right man). Translated into English as “Giacomo Casanova: how to find the one”.
- 2016 “Un mestiere del diavolo” (Paolo Gambi interviews former IOR – Vatican Bank – President Ettore Gotti Tedeschi)
- 2014 – “Smettila e sii felice”, Sperling&Kupfer (Italian best seller about personal development).
- 2013 “Le Ragioni dell’altro”, with Alessandro Cecchi Paone, Piemme, Mondadori Group (a dialogue between a believer and a non-believer).
- 2012 – “Padre Pio, un Santo italiano”, Guido Veneziani publisher (a bestseller biography of St. Pius da Pietrelcina).
- 2012 – “Il gusto della vita”, with Cardinal Tonini, Piemme, Mondadori Group (I am Cardinal Tonini’s biographer and this is his only authorized biography).
- 2012 – “Quello che i preti non dicono (più) – Duemila anni di linguaggio anticlericale nelle parole dei santi”, Fede e Cultura (a book about anticlerical language of Saints and mystics along history).
- 2011 – “Ho seguito il mio Maestro”, with Prof. Alessandro Meluzzi, Piemme, Mondadori Group (A book about personal development and spirituality).
- 2010 – “Ho visto e ho creduto”, with Prof. Alessandro Meluzzi, Piemme, Mondadori Group (A book about personal development and spirituality).
- 2009 – “L’infinito mi ha cercato” with Prof. Alessandro Meluzzi, Piemme, Mondadori Group (a biography of prof. Meluzzi).
- 2009 – “La ragione della speranza”, with Cardinal Ersilio Tonini, Piemme, Mondadori Group.
- 2008 – “San Pier Damiani, un romagnolo contento ne’ pensier contemplativi”, La Voce publisher, Rimini (a biography of St. Peter Damian).
- 2008 – “Democristiani a San Marino – Una storia di libertà”, La Voce publisher, San Marino (a history of the main Saint Marin political party).
- 2008 – “Profezie per l’ottimismo”, with Cardinal Ersilio Tonini, Piemme, Mondadori Group.
- 2008 –“Massoneria: una nuova primavera”, Gangemi publishing, (a book about Freemasonry in Italy), translated into English in 2011 with the title “What is Freemasonry”.
- 2007 – “I vip parlano di Dio”, Piemme, Mondadori Group (a collection of interviews to celebrities who speak about their relation to spirituality).
- 2005 – “The Universal Hunger for Liberty”, by prof. Michael Novak (translator), Liberal publisher.
- 2004 – Cavalleria e Nobiltà nell’Ordinamento Canonico vigente, cenni minimi, published in Apollinaris, 3-4, 2004
- 2004 – “La Soberana Militar Orden de Malta en el orden jurìdico eclesial y internacional” published in Ius Canonicum, Pamplona.
- 2023 – José Rizal Heritage Award, Wil, Switerland
- 2023 – Academician of the Studium Academy of Casale Monferrato for Art, Literature, History, Science and Various Humanity Studies
- 2023 – Silver Cross of the Order of Merit of Savoy
- 2022 – Dante’s laurel, Ravenna, at Dante’s tomb
- 2022 – Perspektif Kültür Turkish association’s poetry award (Turkey)
- 2019 – Malaguzzi Poetry award, 1st prize, Reggio Emilia, Italy
- 2018 – San Domenichino literary bronze award, Massa, Tuscany, Italy
- 2016 – Rimini-Europa “Diploma d’Onore” award (biennial culture award).
- 2016 – Paul Harris Fellow and President founder of Rotary e-club “Romagna”.
- 2014 – Appointed “Testimonial of Italian Culture Month in Principality of Monaco” by Italian Ambassador.
- 2012 – Winner of “Guidarello” journalistic award (2nd most important Italian journalistic award)
- 2004 – Fellowship at the Acton Institute, Michigan, USA
- 2003 – TFAVS Conference in Putten (Netherlands)
- 2003 – Knight of the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George
Other work experiences
- 2018-2019 – Owner of the luxury restaurant ‘Mosaico’ at Malta Union Club, Sliema, Malta
- 2014 – 2016 – Mental Coach at Italian Tennis Federation and at San Marino Tennis Academy
- 2012 – 2016 – Mental Coach and Writing Coach
- 2008 to present – Organizer of many cultural events: “BBK un mare di libri” (beach bookfest, Ravenna), fiera del libro di Cervia (bookfest, Cervia), il salotto di Milano Marittima (cultural meetings, Milano Marittima)
- Mother tongue: Italian
- Other languages: fluent English (I have studied, regularly written for British magazines, taken conferences in English), minimal German, Spanish, Portuguese. Latin, Hebrews and ancient Greek.