Cryptopunk poetry. In this wonderful phase of artistic experimentation poetry must find new spaces. And if the medium is the message, in the new spaces it must find new flavors and new languages. One of the artistic phenomena of the moment is certainly what happened with cryptopunks. The idea of representing 24 24-pixel (therefore via pixel art) faces of characters inspired by punk environments has invaded the network and conquered the world of NFT. Each digital object (and the original project produced 10,000) is now sold for up to $7.5 million.
Poetry could not fail to meet this artistic direction and try to sprout a Cryptopunk poetry.
I don’t know if first (I think so, for what these primates are worth) I created a collection on Opensea that brings together the atmospheres of Cryptopunk and poetic language. With a view to continuing the NFT poetry experiments.
Represented with this technique and this flavor, I gave life to faces of great poets, accompanied by their quotes adapted to the new context. Hoping I wasn’t disrespectful.
And then Dante Alighieri appears, leading the cryptopunk movement like a nerd, Homer portraying humanity on the pixels, Shakespeare turning his stage into a video game, Walt Whitman inviting to contribute a bit, Goethe is honored for his Weltliterature, Jorge Luis Borges crowning the new world. And it goes on.
The font used for the scripts is that of an old video game, Ghosts N’ Goblins.
In the future this pioneering artistic research will be remembered as the beginning of the new era of poetry. Who knows how far the first cryptopunk poets will be auctioned off…
The development plan of cryptopunk poetry
The release of the cryptopunk poets has been designed specifically to favor collectors:
- The first 20 poets were published and put on sale at a price between 0.02 and 0.03 ethereum.
- The second series that includes 15 cryptopunk poets will be put on sale at 0.05 ethereum as soon as all the poets of the first series have been sold.
- The third series, which includes 10 cryptopunk poets, will be put on sale at 0.1 ethereum as soon as all the poets of the second series have been sold.
- The last 5 cryptopunk poets will be put on sale at 0.2 ethereum as soon as all the poets of the third series are sold
That way, whoever collects them first will know they’ve made a good investment.
I did not want to create a ranking of merit linked to the price, the last 5 are not those that I consider best poets. I relied on a technique of randomization (apart from Dante) to make the list of poets I chose.
Media coverage will include specialistic and general-interest medias.
- September 2021: release of the first serie of Cryptopunk poetry. Artworks will be put on sale and proposed to collectors
- From mid-september media launch
- When all the punks have been sold: release and promotion of second, third and fourth series.